E-safety/ Online Safety
E-safety within our school
We take the safe use of the internet and all other technologies very seriously at Hunters Hall. We have various ways to promote e-safety:
- All children and parents sign a contract regarding safety.
- During the Autumn term, we are reminded of the S.M.A.R.T rules for keeping safe within our Computing lessons.
- Each year, all children attend a special e-safety assembly where they are taught about all aspects of keeping safe.
- In the Spring term, we participate in the national ‘e-safety’ week and the children complete activities in class promoting safe Internet use.
- Our PSHE curriculum has specific units focusing upon e-safety/ online safety
E-safety Guidance for Parents
The best way to protect your children online is to be informed yourself and make it part of your day to day life. We spend years training our children to cross the road and stay away from strangers in the outside world in all the daily messages we give them before we ever let them out there on their own. Training them to be safe online should be an equal part of these safety messages as they can be out in the ‘world wide web’ from a very young age, unsupervised at times. Use the websites below to help you find the best ways to talk to your children about keeping safe online.