Aims, Values & Ethos
Aims of the School
- To make the school a happy place where children want to learn, take pride in their work and develop a working attitude.
- To teach all children the basic skills in literacy and numeracy.
- To develop each child's potential to the full.
- To foster each child's talents, be they academic, physical or artistic, and to widen each child's horizons by introducing them to many different activities.
- To provide the richest possible childhood with preparation for a rewarding, challenging and worthwhile adult life.
- To help children develop socially, have a sense of moral values and to have regard for other people's feelings and situations whatever their colour, race or creed.
- To help children understand the world in which they live and the inter-reliance of individuals, groups and nations.
- To help children become self-confident and self-reliant. To encourage them to be polite, respectful, considerate, loyal and trustworthy.
- To help children appreciate human achievements and aspirations
Hunters Hall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.